What's the history of the OS maps.
OS maps aren't the oldest maps we've located of Newton and Catton Parish.
Before 1755 ..hand drawn.
1755..VCH Enclosure award 1766...no map.
1798...Framed in Chapel.
Is there one of 1616 as displayed in the Gold Cup at Low Catton? Have contacted West Sussex Archives. Have to write to Petworth justifying why we want to search PFA